Apply today for Fall/Winter internships.
Thank you for your interest in interning at Welcome America, Inc. Below are open positions at this time:
Welcome America, Inc. is a 501c3, non-profit organization in a public-private partnership with the City of Philadelphia. Welcome America, Inc.’s mission is to promote American history, education and Philadelphia by producing the city’s July 4th festival and holiday programming. The organization seeks to enhance the resident and visitor experience through citywide events that provide an economic boost to the local economy. Moving forward, Welcome America, Inc. will produce and assist in the growth of select city events year-round that can increase awareness of Philadelphia as an event destination.
Welcome America, Inc.’s Fall/Winter Internship is an opportunity for real-world experience in a high-profile citywide event. We seek self-starters who are creative, ambitious, hard-working, energetic, diverse and proud to produce the Philly Holiday Festival and the city’s July 4th festival – Wawa Welcome America. Each internship position will have a defined role, goals to be achieved, and with supervisory support to enable each intern to leave with a sense of accomplishment, new skills, real-life experience, and the opportunity to be a part of a large-scale multi-day festival. Interns play a vital role in the organization. They are given the chance to contribute their ideas, play an active role in their duties, and to work in a team setting. Great networking opportunity for interns looking for a future career in events, marketing, communications, and sponsorship. Our most successful interns have gone on to paid, professional positions.
The Welcome America, Inc. Fall/Winter Internships will work closely with each team member, including the executive team. The internship will require approximately 20-25 hours a week and will require some nights and weekends for events.
Internship opportunities include:
Marketing & PR
- Content management for website and social media, including sponsorship fulfillment and event promotion
- Content development, including copy writing and basic graphic design, for website, social media and e-mail marketing
- PR support, including writing media alerts, press conference planning and executing, press coverage tracking, assisting with media credential application process, and coordinating media relations on-site
- Event promotion, including community outreach and on-site promotion
- General event support and other duties as assigned
Sponsorship & Partnerships
- Assist with drafting pitches for potentials sponsors of the festival
- Attend partnership meetings with the Director of Partnerships
- Assist with sponsor fulfillment & recap presentations
- Collaborate with marketing department on sponsorship marketing deliverables
- On-site sponsorship logistics support at festival events
- Track sponsorship fulfillment on marketing channels, including website, social media and e-mail marketing
- General festival support and other duties as assigned
- Interested candidates should have a focus in sales and partnerships or event logistics
- Assist with event programming and production
- On-site event support
- Availability to work nights and weekends.
- Must be detail oriented, creative and organized.
- A positive attitude and team mentality.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Some jobs may require the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Photography and/or video skills a plus.
- Camera and/or video equipment a plus.
Interested candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 31, 2020. Fall/Winter Intern are expected to be available through mid-December. Start date is flexible.
Have questions? Contact us directly at email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.